The position will be responsible for developing new formulas in Coating and Adhesive materials. They will also act as a technical support for the sales team in terms of application in the client's side.
The company is a well established multinational entity with a large Trading business in Indonesia. The core business supplies Coatings and Adhesives to a wide range of industrial clients across Indonesia. As a leader in the coatings raw-material business they are looking to invest heavily on the Indonesian Market to support the existing high demand and potential for future growth. They have just constructed a new laboratory in the Tangerang area and is looking for an experienced Chemist to launch their research operations.
The role will be responsible to spearhead the research operations in their new Lab, focusing on the innovation and renovation of coatings and adhesive raw materials. They will also take an active part in the commercial side of the business and provide technical support to the sales team during business development. The winning candidate will be able to have an overall experience of the business as it is a very lean organization.
Detailed job description:
- Maintain safety and compliance of quality system (CP and ISO)
-Responsible of the execution of various application development projects
-Develop suitable technical solutions for project success
-Initiate new application development projects and activities (customer support, business acquisition, feasibility and market studies)
-Prepare and conduct training to internal and external customers
- Conduct customer visits with sales team / line manager
- Support in knowledge transfer between regional teams
- Will be reporting to Senior Development Manager
The chosen candidate should have a rich experience in Adhesive / Coating R&D, combined with a strong commercial accumen and an awareness of market trends to conduct technical sales-support
- Min. Bachelor degree in Chemistry / Chemical Engineering
- Min. 6 years experience as a Development Chemist
- Posses both analytic and strategic approach to problem solving
- Independently designs experiments and create new innovative ideas
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Experienced in interaction with customer and providing technical application support
- Fluent in written and verbal English
- Opportunity to work in a leading multinational company
- Competitive Salary and Benefit
- Direct report to expatriate
To apply online please click the Apply button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Mitha Soetarto on +62 21 2958 8855
As part of PageGroup, Michael Page is a leading professional recruitment consultancy specialising in the recruitment of permanent, contract and temporary positions on behalf of the world's top employers. PageGroup operates through 155 offices in 35 countries worldwide. First established in London in 1976, we've been bringing jobseekers and employers together for more than 30 years. London listed, we opened our first Asian office in Hong Kong in 1994 and currently we have offices in all major business hubs across the APAC region, including Australia, Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, Tokyo, Malaysia, India, Taiwan, Shanghai, Beijing, Shenzhen, Guangzhou, Pudong and Suzhou.
So if you're looking to take your career to the next level, visit www.michaelpage.co.id