- Basic Education : Master Mariner or Chief Officer .
- Specialization : Marine, Oil & Gas Vetting industry experience, ISO 9001, 14001 accreditation.
- Experience : Minimum 5 years in Oil & Gas industry, on board tankers or offshore platform units, as Marine Safety and Compliance Officer or similar position.
- Particular knowledge : Industry ISM, statutory rules and practices, vetting procedures, ISO 9001 and 14001 standards.
- Computer skill : Good.
- Language : English and Bahasa Indonesia (both required at good level written and spoken).
- Make use of the selected Company HSEQ software and make sure the same is duly and properly implemented / utilized on-board the OFTs.
- Conduct regularly safety training on-board and in the site office to increase the safety awareness of the crew and of the Company personnel.
- Look into all the potential hazards to the health and safety of the OFT and its crew, prepare reports and discuss the same with the Company and with the Master of the OFT’s in order to conduct immediate corrective actions.
- Ensure that the crew maintains high standard of safety consciousness and knows all the important aspects of the ISM code related to safety.
- Ensures that the provisions of the code of safe working practices and safety instructions, rules and guidance for the OFT’s safety and health are complied with. • Help OFT safety committee to take substantial steps for enhancing the safety of the OFT, encouraging safety awareness of the crew. • To look into crew complaints related to health and safety, report the same to the Company and provide support to the OFT to solve safety issues. • Make recommendations to the OFT’s master to remove a potential hazard which might lead to an accident or harm to the crew. • Help in making an efficient safety management system (SMS)
- Provide information to the OFT’s Master regarding deficiencies related to OFT’s health, environment, safety, and security.
- Properly investigate any major or minor accident which occur and report the same to the Company.
- Inform the Company when someone from the crew fails to work according to the regulations mention in the ISM code, to the Company SOPs and to other applicable standards.
- Recommend important aspects related to safety in OFT’s maintenance plan. Require the crew to conduct risk assessment for any routine or non-routine works as applicable and to properly document the same.
- Maintain a record of all the accidents, incidents and near misses taking place on the OFT, including major or minor injury, and near death experiences. Also, make this information available to the ship’s Master, safety representative, or any official of the company, and disseminate such information to the Company fleet to increase safety awareness.
- Stop any OFT operation, which might cause damage to the OFT or harm to any of the OFT’s crew. Inform about the same to the OFT’s master and take necessary steps, informing the Company.
Please submit CV, Colour Recent Photograph and Expected Salary to: