We are looking for a reliable Executive Pastry Chef to be responsible for the overall pastry production management. You will organize and monitor the production of pastry. The goal is to manage the entire pastry production cycle so as to enhance business development and ensure sustainability and customer satisfaction.
- Age maximum 40 years old
- Education minimum Diploma from food majority/ hospitality and Bachelor Degree are welcome
- Must have good knowledge of pastry and bakery
- Experience minimum 5 years at same position
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations
- A strong leader, motivator and communicator. A vibrant and positive go-getter attitude. A self-starter who takes on challenges and works at seeing them through.
- Excellent knowledge of local and imported ingredients varieties
- Superior organizational and time management skills with the ability to interact closely with guests, staff and management
- Should be highly creative and innovative
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to control food and labor costs
- Able to work long hours
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to manage a team
Job Description Pastry Chef :
- Pastry Skill and Technique: Demonstrates competence in the fundamentals of cooking and professional terminology.
- Pastry Operations: Demonstrates the ability to operationalize pastry concepts.
- Brand Activation: Demonstrates an understanding and capability in executing the brand strategy .
- Demonstrated ability to develop individual talent and build strong capability in teams.
- Pastry Creation and Development: Leverages pastry knowledge and insights to generate compelling food concepts. Creating new and innovative cakes, breads and desserts that will bring in customers. Knowledge of ingredients and how to use them in a creative way will serve you well.
- Leadership Skills: Being a good leader, who can assign tasks, develop the right people, motivate workers in a high stress environment will help immensely.
- Training Design and Deployment: Demonstrates the capability to design and deploy food or beverage training to cakeshop operations.
- Project Management: Demonstrates the capability to achieve desired outcomes on time and within budget through the application of project management principles and techniques.
- Pastry Operations and Systems: Displays knowledge of and empathy for operations priorities, systems, methods and processes.
- Consumer Knowledge: Demonstrates knowledge of current consumer and industry behaviors, trends, attitudes, preferences, and needs.
- Business Acumen: Pastry chefs must understand the restaurant business. This means balancing expenses with profits, managing staff, minimizing waste, and more.