About the Position
We are looking for a driven and commercial Head of Export to become part of our management-team and play a vital role in shaping the business while building and heading-up a Export Department. You will be part of a fast-paced entrepreneurial organization, while building a well structured finance department. Based in Jakarta, you be helping to expand our business in the rest of SEA.
We see you as a fundamental part of the team, and expect you to truly feel part of, and contribute to the business. We are ambitious and ready to work hard to achieve our goals, the ideal candidate has the same intrinsic urge to excel in everything he/she does. We value people that get stuff done, don’t take shortcuts and are passionately curious. A potential match is street-smart, ‘hungry', and willing to embark on a great adventure. We prefer entrepreneurial and energetic ‘can-doers’ that like to roll-up their sleeves versus sitting in a suit in a fancy office.
Our Head of Export will have the following responsibilities:
- Be parachuted into new markets like Malaysia, Vietnam, The Philippines, Thailand and India;
- Find and contract the right distribution partner for every market, pitching our business and closing competitive terms on a challenging timeline;
- Meet with management of key retail chains (i.e. biggest pharmacy and supermarket chains), list our products and negotiate outstanding trading terms and marketing plans;
- Ensure a smooth supply chain, while taking into account incoterms, export regulation, shipping conditions, etc.
- Manage logistics partners and shipping;
- Identify and attend product trade shows;
- Contract local consultant to facilitate product registration;
- Once products hit the shelves, create initial traction;
- Help recruit PIC’s for each market;
- Have a passion for being in the field and on the move 24/7!
- Ability to work with little supervision and track multiple processes;
- Strong communication and sales skills, able to convince management of distributors and retailer to believe in our products;
- Outstanding organizational and coordination abilities;
- A minimum of six years of work experience in trading and export, preferably in a fast paced, entrepreneurial organization;
- Demonstrated strong execution skills - 'getting-things-done' over a process driven mentality;
- Preferably existing network in target markets, especially of distribution partners;
- High moral standards and personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the business;
- Able to work within an ambiguous and fast-paced environment;
- Flexible to stretch beyond regular office hours to meet with deadlines and deliverables;
- Willing to travel most of the time and stay in target markets for several months;
- Strong feeling of responsibility.
Snapshot of the Role
Location : Based out of Jakarta, while traveling 80% of the time
Nationality : Any
Start date : Q2 2019
Language : Fluent in English
Education : University Degree
Experience : Minimal six years
Contract : Three-month probation-period, full time position afterwards
Reporting to : CEO
Send your CV and a short (max 1 page) one-page essay explaining what you can contribute to YOU and why are you are interested to work with us. E-mail to HR@youvit.co.id. Enquiries can be directed to the same address. We will invite interesting candidates for a (Skype) interview initially.
A potential match is street-smart, ‘hungry', and willing to embark on an adventurous journey throughout life! We prefer entrepreneurial and energetic ‘can-doers’ that prefer to work in the trenches versus sitting in a suit in a fancy office. Corporate bureaucrats are advised not to apply!
“The ones who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones that do”