Kargo envision a better logistics industry and our mission is to change it through hustle, grit and persistence. Every day is a new challenge and you will continuously help the team to get better at what we do in the most efficient way possible. You move fast while keeping your attention to detail. You will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy and completeness of several new product revenue streams and related costs. You will be in charge of the month end close activities and fulfillment of internal and external audit requests. You will work closely with product managers, engineering teams, and cross-functional finance teams to launch and maintain new products while ensuring financial integrity, empowering product teams to move blazing fast but safely. Your business acumen will sync perfectly with your accounting background to ensure our business is running with financial integrity and align with all government regulations. You excel in problem-solving, leading automation projects, recommending solutions, and exercising good business judgment when performing your functions.
What you’ll do:
- In-charge for all petty cash related transactions, cash advances, and expense reimbursements. Ensure internal teams are compliant with internal policies.
- Prepare and collate documents necessary for initiating payments to all internal parties. Verify, allocate, post, and reconcile transactions; resolving discrepancies.
- Safeguard company’s assets by performing stock count on fixed assets and inventory to ensure these accounts in balance sheet are properly accounted for.
- Issue withholding tax slips and VAT slips, and ensure proper documentation and track records of the tax files.
- Records all asset, liability, revenue and expense entries by compiling and analysing account information.
- Monitor cash floats on marketplace platform by reconciling payments from payment gateways and ensure the adequacy of cash outflows to transporters to avoid disruption on operations.
- Identify operational needs, and run forecast analysis to ensure adequacy of operational cashflows for brokerage, invoice financing and marketplace business lines.
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly matching of cash inflows and outflows per project code, per shipment to ensure cash liquidity and no duplication of payments.
- Perform weekly to monthly budget management analysis per department and per project code to ensure excess or shortfall of budgets are properly accounted for by all head of departments.
- Create financial model for the group company, and perform forecast and re-forecast of the business in the near to long-term future, and adapt to any changes in the economic metrics.
- Produce internal management reports, including monthly executive summary for reporting to head of FP&A.