UNDP is the leading United Nations organization fighting to end the injustice of poverty, inequality, and climate change. Working with our broad network of experts and partners in 170 countries, we help nations to build integrated, lasting solutions for people and planet. Learn more at undp.org or follow at @UNDP.
The UNDP Indonesia works as a team to develop the best strategy to respond to national needs and plans, building on agency asset. To support its operations, we are opening vacancies for roster of qualified personnel to be based not only in Jakarta but also in other areas as required.
This position supports procurement activities under the overall guidance of Head of Procurement Unit. S/He can supervise assistant and support staff of the Procurement unit. The incumbent will coordinate with various units to support procurement activities and administration. The procurement assistant work in close collaboration with the Operations, Programme in the Country Office (CO) and project staff to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Ensure Implementation of operational strategies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of procurement activities with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies
- Provision of inputs to the CO Procurement business processes mapping and elaboration of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in Procurement and Logistics in consultation with the direct supervisor and office management.
2. Support procurement processes for CO; National Implementation Modality /Direct Implementation Modality’s projects, and the request of other Agencies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Provision of inputs to preparation of procurement plans for the office.
- Support to implementation of procurement processes including perform micro-purchasing activities, updating website, preparation of RFQ, ITB or RFP documents, Selection of Individual Consultant, receive of quotation, bids or proposals.
- Preparation of Purchase orders and contracts in and outside Atlas, preparation of Recurring Purchase orders for contracting of services, vendor creation in Atlas, Buyer profile in Atlas.
- Maintenance of the filling system in the procurement unit, including e-documents, extracting, inputting, copying and filling data from various sources.
- Support in processing requisitions in terms of urgency for appropriate action to be taken by the Procurement Associate.
- Tracking of all procurement process unto delivery, acceptance and payment, including follow up with requesting unit on their procurement requisitions, ensuring that all requirements are met.
- Preparation of routine correspondence, faxes, memoranda and reports on procurement in accordance with prevailing procedures.
- Compilation of information for preparation of cost-recovery for procurement services
- Preparation of submissions to the Contract, Asset and Procurement Committee (CAP), Regional Advisory Committee on Procurement (RACP) and Advisory Committee on Procurement (ACP).
3. Contribution to the Implementation or sourcing strategy, focusing on achievement of the following result:
- Updating procurement intranet including contract, roster and supplier information.
- Maximize the use of UNDP web based system i.e. Etendering System, Intranet, UNDP Global Website and Programme and Operations Policies and Procedures (POPP), ATLAS, etc.
- Review TORs/Specification/Scope of work for each type of procurement methos i.e. of Micro Purchasing, Individual Consultant, Request for Proposal, Request for Quotation and ITB
4. Ensure provision of logistical services, focusing on achievement of the following result:
- Arrangement for vehicle rental when is necessary, hotel and conference facilities, as requested by unit.
5. Supports knowledge building and knowledge sharing focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participating in the training course for the operations/ projects staff or procurement.
- Providing guidance to operations/projects staff for preparation of micro-purchasing transaction. Contributing to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
6. The incumbent of the position should avoid any kind of discriminatory behavior including gender discrimination and ensure that
- Human rights and gender equality is prioritized as an ethical principle within all actions;
- Activities are designed and implemented in accordance with “Social and Environmental Standards of UNDP”;
- Any kind of diversities based on ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disability, religion, class, gender are respected within all implementations including data production;
- Differentiated needs of women and men are considered;
- Inclusive approach is reflected within all actions and implementations, in that sense an enabling and accessible setup in various senses such as disability gender language barrier is created;
- Necessary arrangements to provide gender parity within all committees, meetings, trainings etc. introduced